Saturday, March 20, 2010

2:47 am blog o clock

This morning's 3 am is different that the usual morning. I have been re-evaluating my relationship with alcohol of late.

I've never been one to drink at home, alone or otherwise. Unless friends are over, or maybe 1 drink if there's leftovers and I just cooked myself a nice dinner.

I do however go to the bar almost every night. I work late not many options. I really don't want to go home right after work. I don't like television, I live alone, most of my friends are fucking their significant others at that hour. I like to shoot the shit with someone, and (not unlike like buying a lottery ticket) I'm optimistic about what females I have the possibility to meet if I go out, as opposed to the none I will meet at my apartment.

Some nights I drink a lot, some less, some I puke. In the past several months I've tried to keep my tab under $20.00. Which means nothing when it come to consumption, I know a lot of bartenders. In recent weeks I have tried to limit my number of drinks: no shots, less than 4 beers. Tonight I had 2.5 beers. I don't want to give up the companionship that I get from going out, but I also don't want to turn into a crappy drunk that no one wants to know.

House cleaning, balance, and content. That's what I'm working on. I'm not even buzzed right now, but I had a good time tonight.

No comments: