Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tomorrow is a recipe for crazy.

Well, 

The rundown goes like this:
Wake up in the am for the cable guy, clean, laundry mat, dye hair.
Pretty mundane, this is where it gets crazy.

I have to go to my ex's to get some stuff I left behind. It will undoubtedly be heady. I had plans afterwards with Julie whom I'm loosely seeing. I cancelled them because Karen, a long time friend who I spent a fantastic New Years with will be in town.  I may have felt a spark between her and I but didn't act on it at the time. I think this is how the shtick with different hats and different women starts. 

So far Karen and I have dinner then drinks plans, but I don't know if its a solo mission or if we're involving more friends. Its all weird, crazy, and uncertain being as we've been strictly friends for the past twelve or so years. I don't think she's clued into what's going on in my head. However to all of our mutual friends my sudden interest in her is painfully transparent.

There is a wild card in the mix too, my very good friend Josh will possibly be around. He and Karen dated briefly years ago and he's never given up hope (he has a few girls in this category). He and I spoke on this and its all fine. Josh has a total disregard for dude rules and definitely fucked me over with a girl in the past. Even so I could see him maneuvering to keep Karen and I from having a chance to get cozy. 

Tomorrow is going to be wild. For good or bad I can't say.

No comments: